Welcome to CyberNepal. We are a group of unapologetic geeks who feed on all things tech. Currently, we want to grow our team so we’d love to have you if:
- Gaming makes your world go round
- Your shopping list includes the newest gadgets in town
- ‘Nerdgasm’ is the highest level of pleasure for you! Jk.
All of our job vacancies are listed below so check them out and apply for the one that appeals to you the most. All the best!
1. Creative Content Writer
Most people hate grammar nazis but we need them! If you think you’ve got a way with words, you might be what we’re looking for. We want you to write about anything and everything under the sun — gadgets, games, music, books, movies, animals, religion, etc. — it’s for you to choose!
So if your words have the power to turn everyday topics fun, you should apply…right now! We’re waiting…
What are we looking for?
We are looking for writers who feed on all things trending and hold independent opinions about them. Your words should speak for you and let your individuality come forth. On top of this, if you’re funny…just apply already!
As you can already tell, being creative is a must! Other than that, you should possess the following skills:
- A1 English vocabulary and grammar
- Dedication in research
- Interest and curiosity in gaming, technology, TV series, movies, music, books, etc.
- Ability to write fun and engaging content on any topic (especially the aforementioned ones)
- Photo editing using Adobe Photoshop (not mandatory)
Lastly, brownie points for those who have over 2 years of experience in this field, and knowledge of WordPress, Social Media, and Search Engine Optimization. We’d also love to meet people pursuing unique and creative hobbies so spill your heart out in your Cover Letter.
2. Graphic Designers
We are looking for someone who has a general love for design, a passion that drives you to get creative. Do you want a place to explore your creativity and curiosity? If you think you are passionate enough about this, it’s the perfect job for you.
Our company offers an opportunity if you are looking for inspiration to expand your imagination and come up with innovative designs. Here’s a chance to come out of your comfort zone and get funky with your visual compositions. We welcome out of the box thinkers who can create wonders with their creative insight.
What are we looking for?
As a graphic designer, you need to have a quick eye for details. Also, general interest in making advertisement logos, infographics and knowing about different adobe software versatility is a plus point.
We want an aspiring designer who has a constant desire and eagerness to learn and explore. If you think you have it in you as a designer, submit your CV and wait for the interview. I mean as a designer, you should have this much patience!
Our candidates should be sarcastic and funny with their creations. We have a flexible work environment and your unique ideas are always appreciated.
- A driven designer with a deep interest in typography, imagery, color, and form.
- Use digital illustration, photo editing software, and layout software to create designs.
- Create visual elements such as logos, original images, and illustrations that help deliver the desired message.
- Ability to manage and coordinate graphic design projects from concept through completion.
- Expertly convert ideas/strategy/subject matter into concrete designs that fit brand standards.
- Maintain and organize all creative art files
3. Technical Writer
Do you spend hours in your room playing PubG, Call of Duty, DOTA? Have you been saving up for ages to get your hands on the newest gadget in town? Does the continuous advancement in technology excite you?
If your answer is a loud ‘YES!’ this job is for you. Here, no one is going to nag you for staying in front of your laptop all day and you can geek your heart out about all things tech. We won’t stop you…in fact, we’ll join you!
What are we looking for?
We need energetic, goal-driven writers who are passionate about tech and gaming. Although this isn’t a compulsion, we want you to enjoy your job and that can only be done if you’re already into this stuff, right? If not, we welcome curious beings who are willing to learn and explore every day.
Also, you should be able to express your enthusiasm about the aforementioned topics through your articles so creative writing skills are a must.
- Grammar Nazi! We expect you to have an excellent command of English vocabulary and grammar. You shall not step back from correcting any error you can find!
- Advanced researching skills! You should be okay even if we ask you to find out the world’s greatest mystery. We probably won’t. But we just might, who knows!
- Computer NERD. Passionate about gadgets, gaming and basically all things tech.
- Staying up-to-date about current trends in technology and mainstream tech culture.
Lastly, brownie points for those who have over 2 years of experience in this field, and knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, WordPress, Social Media, and Search Engine Optimization.
4. Video Editor
Are you one of those who has a great eye for detail? And also possess the power of turning an ordinary life situation into an inspiring visual story?
If you’re someone to whom “pans” are a fixed horizontal movement rather than something you cook with. Or the only rule you follow is the “Rule of Thirds,” then we have an exciting opportunity you don’t want to miss.
Cyber Nepal is looking for a creative and experienced Video Editor to join our team. As videos have become the most prominent way of communicating a company’s message across, your position as a video editor plays a very important role in Cyber Nepal.
- Manage and oversee all technical aspects of video editing
- Write, pitch, produce, edit videos for digital platforms
- Work with our creative teammates
- Follow the company’s brand guidelines
- Develop an overall video brand messaging strategy
- Experience editing in Adobe Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop
- Ability to recognize stories with high potential of digital attention
- Familiarity with social media platforms
- Deep knowledge of current events
- Be able to find innovative ways to tell stories
- Need excellent command over the English language
- Keep up to date with emerging trends
5. Video Presenter/Reviewer
Are you someone who loves the camera and being in front of one is a dream of yours since forever? Is it your life long dream to become a video presenter and be seen on screens everywhere?
If that’s the case, then look no further, you have clicked the right tab. Because we are looking for someone that would fit perfectly as the face of Cyber Nepal. If you can make a tik-tok video, what is stopping you from becoming a presenter? Just apply already!
What are we looking for?
We are looking to expand our wings beyond blogs and enter the world of videos. But for that to happen, we need a strong and confident video presenter who has no complications of being in front of the camera.
We’re looking for passionate candidates who don’t shy away from the camera and has a larger than life personality that could reflect well in the videos. We also want our candidates to have well enough knowledge about the tech world. So that reviewing different gadgets would be a piece of cake.
You’re the ideal candidate for us if you have the following:
- Ability to present well before the camera
- Confident and well-engaging
- Undertaking relevant background research
- Plan and prepare shows
- Write and rehearse scripts
- Improvise along with the video
- Excellent spoken skills – English or Nepali
- Voracious curiosity about technology, tech culture, gadgets, and inventions
- Keep up to date with emerging trends in technology
6. Videographer / Cinematographer
Are you on the lookout for a job that aligns with your passion for shooting creative videos? If you have an eye for detail and a knack for visual aesthetics, Cyber Nepal is here for you.
We have an environment that emphasizes growth. So, if learning is a priority for you this is just the thing for you.
What are we looking for?
We are searching for experienced and creative cinematographers who will be able to craft compelling stories. You must be able to add richness to your storytelling with your knowledge in lights, creative angles and the equipment you’ll be using.
As your responsibilities, you will have to shoot informative and fun videos about the latest gadgets, gaming, and tech culture. So, you should have the patience to handle all this work and fun!
Your ability to relate to people you are shooting with is also a priority. So, if you are good at creating visual narratives that connect the audience with your art, then you are the perfect candidate.
You’re the ideal candidate for us if you are or have the following:
- A passion for visual storytelling
- Interesting ideas to use a camera, lighting, and audio equipment.
- Expertise in setting up equipment
- Ability to create something from scratch
- Confidence to direct people and tell people if they are doing something wrong
- Interest and knowledge of gaming, tech news, gadgets.. You’ll be making videos on these topics, so it’ll be fun if you’re interested!
- Over 2 years of experience as a videographer in similar niches. It’s not a requirement, but it will help you look very very attractive
- If you have any creative experience on your own, we’d find that very interesting.
- Plan and shoot out of the box ideas with the creative team
- Edit footage in post-production.
- Excellent computer literacy
- Proficiency in editing software such as PhotoShop
- Relative fitness and stamina to work long hours and under various conditions
- Excellent interpersonal skills
7. Tech Enthusiast/ Assistant
Can people ask you about the iPhone safely without you lecturing them on the differences between the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 and the A12 Bionic? Do you NOT care whether MSI comes out with the latest gaming laptop? If your answer is No, then you are more than welcome to apply here.
This is a chance to express the inner nerd in you and grow as a technological expert. We welcome anyone who wants to share their profound knowledge of booming technologies.
We are enthusiastic to meet you and get geeky over the latest gadgets!
What are we looking for?
Here at CyberNepal, we are looking for the nerdiest of the nerds! We have a great environment where you can research (and play) with the latest gadgets all day long. You will be considered if you can dig deep into the technical niche of anything thrown in front of you!
The selected candidate will be playing a lot of games on your phone, PC, and Xbox; you know… for research. So, get ready to immerse yourself in the growing tech community of Nepal and turn your passion into work.
If you have the following requirements, you’ll fit in great :
- A passionate and driven tech enthusiast. As the name suggests, you have to have sound knowledge in the latest Technology
- Someone who has a deep interest in any technical niche
- A passionate and driven tech enthusiast
- Ability to go deep while doing research aka Be one with the tech
- You have to be able to convert your knowledge to written content. So, writing skills will be a big plus
- Have a desire to spark interesting conversations in forums and create more engagement.
- Excellent gaming skills in PC, Xbox, and Phone, you will get paid to play video games all day. Isn’t that cool!
- Ability to do in-depth reviews and comparisons of gadgets
- Expertise in conveying all your knowledge to the layman out there (those uncles in parties must have been of some help)
- Good presenting skills is always a bonus
How To Apply For This Dreamy Job:
If our offer sounds appealing to you, here’s what we need to approve your candidacy:
- Your resume and completed application
- A cover letter explaining why you think you meet and exceed our requirements. Showcase your creativity with your writing style; don’t be afraid to express yourself just as you are
- Provide us with links to any of your social media properties or websites
- Sends us article examples if you think they are relevant
This is not a freelance gig. Instead, it’s a full-time, real job with a competitive salary, benefits, and timely raises. You’ll be part of a fast-growing startup with incredible growth opportunities. You will be working in a very casual workplace with frequent catered lunches and fun programs.