Achievements
  • Lieutnant
  • Bronze Heart
  • Copper Heart
  • Scroll Collector
  • Steel Heart
  • Treasure Box
CN$
So, you are in the market for a new laptop whether be it for light usage, business purpose or gaming etc... Though laptops provide a great portability, buying them at a reasonable price and making sure the product is actually genuine is actually a pain in the ass in 3rd world country like ours. Buying laptop is not the only thing, the most important to consider is to check whether the material is actually 1st hand, straight out from the company or whether it is a refurbished one which we'll talk about later. So you should consider some important things and some of the proper way to approach are as follows:

1. Check whether the dealer is trustable or not

Don't just rush into any shop and buy it like there. Also you can see many online ads about laptop from different pages, don't just hustle into one. If you consider buying laptop from New Road area, though you can get discounted price however note that many of the laptops there are refurbished ones so stay away from that. Here are some of the shops(in my experience) where buying laptops can be a good thing.
1. ITTI (putalisadak): Though the price can be little expensive, however you will find that the people in there actually know a two or three things about computers, yes people you heard it right. So warranty is covered nicely and any problems are dealt correctly.
2. ocean computers (if you are going for MSI laptops and accesories) : authorised dealers of MSI in Nepal
3. Neostore : authorised dealers of dell in Nepal(though their website interface is shit so you might wanna go and visit when considering one)

2. Check whether the laptop is actually new one whether from the factory or refurbished one (IMPORTANT!)

Refurbished laptops mean the laptop was returned at some state due to some faults or defects found while manufacturing, so the company fixes the laptop and sends for selling again.
However refurbished laptops from the company itself is appreciable, however what I have found in our country is that shopkeepers literally fix the laptop themselves either remove some components and install a new one making the laptop GRADE C refurbished (they will install some cheap ass quality HDD,SSD, less mhz ram than what should be) so you might wanna avoid that. SO even though you might find laptop in sweet place at NEW ROAD area, make sure the laptop is actually genuine because I know a few shops(not naming) that simply orders refurbished laptops from dubai and india illegally and sells them at a lower price, I mean isn't that horrendous!
A way to check whether the laptop is refurbished or not is check the serial number in back of the laptop or in the battery.
ABC012345 - it should look something like this for new model
ABC012345R- for refurbished laptop you can see the R sign at last or can see some scarvings or mark saying the laptop is refurbished.

I myself have been victim of refurbished laptop when I bought from ITTI though the laptop is GRADE A refurbished( repaired and sent by the company) so apart from the extra price I had to pay(note that refurbished laptops price should be less than the actual price of that same model because thats what refurbished is all about).

SO TO PEOPLE ALREADY OWNING A LAPTOP, HURRY AND CHECK THE BACK OF YOUR LAPTOP AND SEE WHETHER IT IS REFURBISHED OR NOT!

3. Make a thorough list of the laptops you are considering

It is better to make a list of laptops along with specs and international market price. Note that the price is somewhere between 12-16percent greater than international market price due to tax, vat, blah blah blah....

4. Be dominant to the shopowner instead of letting them manipulate you and some other things!

Once you walk into a shop, dont just say " dai malai gaming laptop dekhaununa 110k-120k sammako" , the owner will imeddiately take you for a fool and show you a laptop which will not be in that price range. So instead say " dai malai yo MODEL ko laptop dekhaununa" , and once they show you, start checking serial number to check if it is refurbished or not. Similarly from genuine shops, they will only discount you less from like 2-3k not more than that. Buying refurbished does not mean bad if you feel the quality is good or the owner himself tells you that the laptop is refurbished from the company itself however many shops just tend to keep cheap and low quality parts, the most prominent one being harddrive. I have seen many of my friend's laptop having 5200rpm harddisk of low quality when the company specs state that the harddisk should be 7200rpm. Make sure the charger watt and volt is actually the right one and similarly consider other parts also. You can always check for specs in the shop by typing "dxdiag" the search bar and opening it, it should give you the specs running the laptop. So always make a good list and if you find specs different than what should be, ignore it! And last but not the least, never forget to take the warranty!

Thats it, happy hunting!

Last edited:

Kriztkrtmg

Rookie
Cybermancer
Achievements
  • Viking's Chest
  • Captain
  • The Post Office
  • Lieutnant
  • Pirate's Loot
  • Sterling Silver Heart
CN$
I did bought laptop from itti. Indeed they are the trusted dealer and owner is very much friendly. But I recommend you not to talk to them in social media, My warranty card expired and I faced some problems in laptop. Well of course at first , many will call to the same shop where they bought laptop from. I'm disappointed that they didn't repair my laptop. Not only that, they didn't recommend any other repairing center. They said "we don't know any laptop repairing center". What a big liar. And another fact is that, they repaired my friend's laptop because it was in warranty period but not mine.

Rbn

Initiate
Cybermancer
Achievements
  • Lieutnant
  • Bronze Heart
  • Copper Heart
  • Scroll Collector
  • Steel Heart
  • Treasure Box
CN$
I did bought laptop from itti. Indeed they are the trusted dealer and owner is very much friendly. But I recommend you not to talk to them in social media, My warranty card expired and I faced some problems in laptop. Well of course at first , many will call to the same shop where they bought laptop from. I'm disappointed that they didn't repair my laptop. Not only that, they didn't recommend any other repairing center. They said "we don't know any laptop repairing center". What a big liar. And another fact is that, they repaired my friend's laptop because it was in warranty period but not mine.
yeah bro thats the issue, sometimes they charge too much even for installing OS and the mote dai there sometimes talk rude but you know what else we can do. The options are basically limited in our country.

TAjay

Initiate
Achievements
  • Captain
  • Copper Heart
  • Scroll Fist
  • Lieutnant
  • Treasure Box
  • Novice
CN$
So I'm planning for buy one new laptop for personal work basis.. if possible gaming too. So can you guys recommend me one and which one I buy under 1 lacs ??

AceOfSpades

Rookie
Cybermancer
Achievements
  • Pirate's Loot
  • Captain
  • Lieutnant
  • Golden Heart
  • The Post Master
  • Sterling Silver Heart
CN$
Itti sells refurbished products. I also wouldn't recommend it to anyone here.

Top Bottom