Tips Let's have a look at some of the Emulators available for PC (1/2)

Yeshash Manandhar

Rookie
Cybermancer
Achievements
  • Lieutnant
  • The Post Master
  • Sterling Silver Heart
  • Pirate's Loot
  • The Post Office
  • Twin Silver Heart
CN$
An emulator is defined as a software that allows a system to act/perform like another system. Most emulators that are available are used to emulate old retro games and preserve them so as to keep them immortal even after the hardware needed to run them have ended their production or if the game itself isn't available. There are emulators that are used to play games for the recent consoles as well.

Today, Let us have a look at some of the Emulators that are available for playing games, whether it be old games or new, for the PC

1) Visual Boy Advance

Visual Boy Advance
is one of the best Game Boy Color(GBC) or Game Boy Advance(GBA) emulators out there. It is also one of the most downloaded emulator software of all time and also one of the most beloved by the internet gaming community. It has a simple design and it can run almost any games that are available for the GBC and GBA.
Most of you guys have probably used this emulator already. I also use it to play mostly pokemon games and sometimes others as well.
Here are some pictures of it running
Pokemon Gold

You can add cheats as well and there are various options available that you can use to experiment with different games. The controls are configurable.

Here's a
link for you to try it out if you haven't

2) PCSX2
PCSX2 is a Playstation2(PS2) emulator that helps in preserving and running the games of the PS2 era, also known as the golden era of gaming. There were a lot of games released for the PS2 thus it became the most selling console of all time. PCSX2 is probably the most downloaded console of all time. It can 95% of all the PS2 game available. It can also run PS1 games as well, just like the original PS2 console. One of the things I like about PCSX2 is that you can play old PS2 games in high resolution but you'll have to adjust the plugin settings for it to work properly. You get to play your old PS2 games at a much higher fps as well, which is a plus. The controls are configurable here as well.
Here are some pictures of it running Tekken 5.

The first picture is the native ps2 resolution and the other is 1900x1080 resolution

Here's a
link if you want to try it out for yourself

3) DeSuME

DeSuME is a Nintendo DS(NDS) emulator that functions similar to the Visual Boy Advance. It allows you to play games that were meant to be played for the NDS. You'll have to download ROMs and you can also configure the resolution settings in DeSuME to make games look even better. It is your average emulator that does what it does and does it a lot better than the device it emulates. You get to play games at a higher fps and better. Since NDS has a bottom touch screen, you get to use it using your mouse.
Here are some pictures of it running Pokemon Heart Gold

You will have to download the HD resolution mod in order to play games at a higher resolution.
If you want to try it out you can click
here

That is all the emulators for today. This is a part 1 thread out of 2. There are still other emulators that I want to talk about including the latest Switch Emulator, 'Yuzu' but that is for tomorrow

I hope you enjoyed reading through and why don't you tell me some of your experiences of using Emulators

CLICK HERE FOR PART 2

Last edited:

Yeshash Manandhar

Rookie
Cybermancer
Achievements
  • Lieutnant
  • The Post Master
  • Sterling Silver Heart
  • Pirate's Loot
  • The Post Office
  • Twin Silver Heart
CN$
Citra is an emulator for Nintendo 3DS. Ramrei xa.
VBA is already dead. ahile VBA-M chaliraxa.
Citra for 3DS, no$gba for gba.
DeSume 5-6 years agadi chalauthiye, but lag vayo so chodde tara arko DS ko emulator vetina.
Android ko lai My Boy(gba)
I'll post about Citra in the next thread. Have you guys tried Yuzu? It's an emulator for Nintendo switch?

Top Bottom