Achievements
  • Captain
  • Viking's Chest
  • Golden Heart
  • The Post Master
  • Lieutnant
  • Pirate's Loot
CN$
I know, I know. I'm late to the whole debacle but still.

CONTEXT:
  • meme Nepal uploads a review video for the movie "Bir Bikram 2".
  • The director of the movie files a lawsuit on the uploader on the grounds that the video is misleading, defamatory, and more importantly a payback against the Bir Bikram 2 team disagreeing to partner-up with the page for its promotion.
  • As a result, the presenter of the video: Pranesh Gautam is in police custody.
So I watched the re-uploaded video of the review and I wish I didn't. Goddamn if that isn't the most cringe-inducing, oxymoronic, confusing, amateur, and overall a bad movie review video I've ever watched. The dude is just trying way too hard to be edgy and comical. I haven't watched the movie and neither do I plan to, so I can't criticize the points raised in the review about the movie's plot, pacing, cinematography or any other aspect. But still, it seems very likely that the presenter is nitpicking the minutest of the details.

You're complaining about the use of drones for shooting establishing shots? Oh, piss off!

Apparently, meme Nepal was contacted by the team of Bir Bikram 2 regarding costs for promotion of the movie on their page. meme Nepal responded with the standard cost they charge for a movie promotion, which is Rs. 12000. However, the team of Bir Bikram 2 didn't reply to meme Nepal's response which can be taken as disinterest by the team on further business with the page.

It's not been a long since meme Nepal started posting videos on YouTube, seeing that the channel is merely 3 months old with 4 videos in total including the deleted review of Bir Bikram 2 at the time of this writing. The other 3 videos aren't movie review videos mind you. One is a football related skit while the rest are interviews.

So why would meme Nepal (I've come to realize I've used the page's name too much in this article and will hereinafter refer to it as mN) upload such a drastically different themed video that early? They post some of the most normie, incorrectly spelled & phrased memes (as they call it) on their page.
COINCIDENCE?
- Well, maybe they tried to take a different approach to the type of content they upload. Understandable!

In its 3 months of YouTubeing, why didn't mN upload movie review videos of other Kollywood offerings? Such a big Facebook page with over a million likes surely might've gotten proposals for movie promotions within that period, no? If yes, why didn't mN make a review period for those?
COINCIDENCE?
- Well, maybe they didn't have the time to make one. Or, mN didn't receive any proposal for movie promotion during the 3 month period which is highly unlikely but not impossible.

But why would mN attempt to create content that's radically different than your typical audience? It gets the highest of likes on the most relatable, family-friendly posts on its page. And here you have a video with cussing, knife-handling, and violence. More importantly, if you analyzed the video from a neutral perspective, you'd come to find out how nonsensical it is. There's definitely hints of the video being a result of the cold shoulder between the two parties.
COINCIDENCE?
- Now, this doesn't feel like a coincidence to me. From the cherrypicking of the movie's aspects to the oxymoronic commentary and the failed attempt at edginess, the video is just screaming "revenge".

Oh, "but Freedom of speech" you say?
Of course in a democratic country, you are free to speak your heart. But mN's insidious review definitely seems to have malicious intent. Here, mN doesn't have the benefit of the doubt.
However, it seems a little odd that the team of Bir Bikram 2 has filed a case against mN under charges of cyber-crime, which doesn't feel appropriate.

Kriztkrtmg

Rookie
Cybermancer
Achievements
  • Captain
  • The Post Office
  • Lieutnant
  • Pirate's Loot
  • Sterling Silver Heart
  • Twin Silver Heart
CN$
Yo video kun bela haleko ho chai tha vayena....but movie aako 2-3 weeks paxi video haleko vanera chai suneko thiye...yo bela movie already aayera pani flop huni awasta maa thiyo....ra case file garnu parni pani khasai jaruri dekhidaina....ramro lai ramrai vanya cha...naramro lai naramrai vanya cha....aba yo manche lai movie herera last risuthiyo hola ani yesari review diyeko hunu parcha....

Freedom of speech vandai maa manpari ta vanna paudaina ni. :cool:Vanni pani tarika hunchani. Aba suppose, euta bacha le aaimai lai tapai ta mero aama jastai hunu huncha vanda kati ramro suninxa ni haina ???...aba yei kura tapai ta mero bau ko budi jastai hunu huncha vanyo vane????.....:ROFLMAO:....kura ta eutai ho...tara artha arkai laagyoni...

Laxman12

Initiate
Achievements
  • Bronze Heart
  • Treasure Box
  • Copper Heart
  • Scroll Collector
  • Novice
  • Steel Heart
CN$
I know, I know. I'm late to the whole debacle but still.

CONTEXT:
  • meme Nepal uploads a review video for the movie "Bir Bikram 2".
  • The director of the movie files a lawsuit on the uploader on the grounds that the video is misleading, defamatory, and more importantly a payback against the Bir Bikram 2 team disagreeing to partner-up with the page for its promotion.
  • As a result, the presenter of the video: Pranesh Gautam is in police custody.
So I watched the re-uploaded video of the review and I wish I didn't. Goddamn if that isn't the most cringe-inducing, oxymoronic, confusing, amateur, and overall a bad movie review video I've ever watched. The dude is just trying way too hard to be edgy and comical. I haven't watched the movie and neither do I plan to, so I can't criticize the points raised in the review about the movie's plot, pacing, cinematography or any other aspect. But still, it seems very likely that the presenter is nitpicking the minutest of the details.

You're complaining about the use of drones for shooting establishing shots? Oh, piss off!

Apparently, meme Nepal was contacted by the team of Bir Bikram 2 regarding costs for promotion of the movie on their page. meme Nepal responded with the standard cost they charge for a movie promotion, which is Rs. 12000. However, the team of Bir Bikram 2 didn't reply to meme Nepal's response which can be taken as disinterest by the team on further business with the page.

It's not been a long since meme Nepal started posting videos on YouTube, seeing that the channel is merely 3 months old with 4 videos in total including the deleted review of Bir Bikram 2 at the time of this writing. The other 3 videos aren't movie review videos mind you. One is a football related skit while the rest are interviews.

COINCIDENCE?
- Well, maybe they tried to take a different approach to the type of content they upload. Understandable!

COINCIDENCE?
- Well, maybe they didn't have the time to make one. Or, mN didn't receive any proposal for movie promotion during the 3 month period which is highly unlikely but not impossible.

COINCIDENCE?
- Now, this doesn't feel like a coincidence to me. From the cherrypicking of the movie's aspects to the oxymoronic commentary and the failed attempt at edginess, the video is just screaming "revenge".

Oh, "but Freedom of speech" you say?
Of course in a democratic country, you are free to speak your heart. But mN's insidious review definitely seems to have malicious intent. Here, mN doesn't have the benefit of the doubt.
However, it seems a little odd that the team of Bir Bikram 2 has filed a case against mN under charges of cyber-crime, which doesn't feel appropriate.
Guys who do you think is the real guilt?
Yo video kun bela haleko ho chai tha vayena....but movie aako 2-3 weeks paxi video haleko vanera chai suneko thiye...yo bela movie already aayera pani flop huni awasta maa thiyo....ra case file garnu parni pani khasai jaruri dekhidaina....ramro lai ramrai vanya cha...naramro lai naramrai vanya cha....aba yo manche lai movie herera last risuthiyo hola ani yesari review diyeko hunu parcha....

Freedom of speech vandai maa manpari ta vanna paudaina ni. :cool:Vanni pani tarika hunchani. Aba suppose, euta bacha le aaimai lai tapai ta mero aama jastai hunu huncha vanda kati ramro suninxa ni haina ???...aba yei kura tapai ta mero bau ko budi jastai hunu huncha vanyo vane????.....:ROFLMAO:....kura ta eutai ho...tara artha arkai laagyoni...

cvof

Admin
Staff member
Mythical
Achievements
  • Captain
  • Viking's Chest
  • Golden Heart
  • The Post Master
  • Lieutnant
  • Pirate's Loot
CN$
I feel like both parties have misused their power against each other.

meme Nepal, on one hand, went out of their way to criticize the movie onto an exponential level of derangement. The presenter and meme Nepal team have apparently apologized for their actions. But dude, be sorry before!

The team of Bir Bikram 2, on the other hand, have taken things way out of proportion. Threatening meme Nepal with extortion, overestimating the monetary damage caused by the review and abusing their reach in the legal system of the country.

Kriztkrtmg

Rookie
Cybermancer
Achievements
  • Captain
  • The Post Office
  • Lieutnant
  • Pirate's Loot
  • Sterling Silver Heart
  • Twin Silver Heart
CN$
Khai aba kasko chai galti vanni hora...Bolna pauni adikar xa,,,bolyo...,tarika milena hola....sunni lai manparena....hawa taal maa jail haldiyo...5-6 din vaisakyo.......Aafnai actor Najir Hussain lai ta movie promotion maa aayena vanera duniya diwana karaudai hidney le aba youtuber le yesto vanda ta......

Laxman12

Initiate
Achievements
  • Bronze Heart
  • Treasure Box
  • Copper Heart
  • Scroll Collector
  • Novice
  • Steel Heart
CN$
I feel like both parties have misused their power against each other.

meme Nepal, on one hand, went out of their way to criticize the movie onto an exponential level of derangement. The presenter and meme Nepal team have apparently apologized for their actions. But dude, be sorry before!

The team of Bir Bikram 2, on the other hand, have taken things way out of proportion. Threatening meme Nepal with extortion, overestimating the monetary damage caused by the review and abusing their reach in the legal system of the country.
Nice opinion

Top Bottom