Achievements
  • Captain
  • Sterling Silver Heart
  • Lieutnant
  • Pirate's Loot
  • Twin Silver Heart
  • The Postbox
CN$
Galaxy buds are the new wireless earbuds by Samsung released not so long ago. They are the competitors to Apples Airbuds and possess similar features. I have been using it for the past 2 weeks and here's a quick review of the product.

The Galaxy Buds come in a box which includes the case with galaxy buds, a USB C data cable, 3 different sized wing and ear tips for a snug fit and some instructions for how to use them. The galaxy buds and the case is made of good grade matte plastic. I really like the pill-shaped design. The buds are bulky triangular shaped with rubber ear tip. The housing of the buds is Touch Control which can be used to play/pause, skip tracks, answer calls, launch voice assistants, etc. For the software part, Galaxy Buds app can be downloaded from the Google Play store and connected with the device.

The Galaxy buds can be used with any phones having Bluetooth but to download the Galaxy Wear App you need to have an Android smartphone as the app is not available for iPhones. The app tells you how much charge the buds have. It also enables some cool extra features like equalizer, ambient sound, find my earbuds, and control the notification. The touch control can also be modified to some extent and the firmware of the earphone can also be updated from the same app. iPhone users will not be able to use any of this feature for now.

Now talking about the sound quality it definitely is very good, the music is very clear which I like and has comparatively less bass which is fine for me. The rubber ear tip on the buds cancel the outside noise but using the ambient sound effect on the app, the buds let some sound in so that outside noise could also be heard matching with the music that you are listening to.

The buds hold the charge for about 5-6 hours and the case obviously acts as the charger for the buds which holds up to an additional seven hours of charge. It can also be charged wirelessly using a charging pad but I have not used that feature yet. I charge my Galaxy Buds in the interval of 3-4 days. I use it for 3-4 hours in a day which is not that much but it holds the charge pretty good in heavy use too.

Talking about the price, Samsung galaxy buds are available for Rs 14,999 in any official Samsung stores in Kathmandu but it can be found much cheaper in Hamrobazar for a second hand one. It comes free with any S10 phones from Samsung.

Final verdict. I really like the sound quality of the buds and the overall product gives a premium feel. The app works really well and customizing the user experience to some extent is always good. The touch control works without any lag but one has to be very precise with the taps and touches. I missed a lot of times when tapping but it will be better throughout the time I use the earbuds. I really have an issue with the ambient sound feature because for me it does not work like it was intended to. Sound of wind blowing can be easily picked up and I constantly hear a “woooooshhhhh” sound while listening to music. So that feature is turned off when I'm using it. Also, I'm a big fan of earphones with no rubber tips like the original Apple or Remax earphones, I feel they are more comfortable and less sweaty in ears. Rs 14,999 is a good price for quality wireless earphones but minus the wireless part, in that price, earphones with more quality sound are available.

So yeah, if you like quality sounding earphones which are wireless and has wireless charging available, this product is definitely for you but if you can stay away from the wireless part then there are tons of options in the market.

Last edited:

KetanMhrzn

Admin
Staff member
Mythical
Achievements
  • Captain
  • Sterling Silver Heart
  • Lieutnant
  • Pirate's Loot
  • Twin Silver Heart
  • The Postbox
CN$
Thank you for the review! None of my wired earphones/headphones have lasted for more than a year. The galaxy buds do look very tempting but the price on this is way too high for me. One question though, how good is the 'find my earbuds' feature?
Very good question :D
tyo find ma earbuds garda kheri chai earbuds bata awaz aaucha charko type ko high frequency ko. It sounds like birds chirping. ekdam tikhoo sound aaucha.
However, your phone needs to be connected with Bluetooth.
yo chai kati bela kaam lagcha bhaney timro ear bud kaan bata khasyo re room ko bhui ma ani timi le bheteyna bhaney :D
loud noticeable sound chai aaucha haina tara bato ma khasyo bhaney chai ali notice hudaina hola :D
tara emergency ma whatever works right! :D

Yeshash Manandhar

Rookie
Cybermancer
Achievements
  • Lieutnant
  • The Post Master
  • Sterling Silver Heart
  • Pirate's Loot
  • The Post Office
  • Twin Silver Heart
CN$
Very good question :D
tyo find ma earbuds garda kheri chai earbuds bata awaz aaucha charko type ko high frequency ko. It sounds like birds chirping. ekdam tikhoo sound aaucha.
However, your phone needs to be connected with Bluetooth.
yo chai kati bela kaam lagcha bhaney timro ear bud kaan bata khasyo re room ko bhui ma ani timi le bheteyna bhaney :D
loud noticeable sound chai aaucha haina tara bato ma khasyo bhaney chai ali notice hudaina hola :D
tara emergency ma whatever works right! :D
Ae teso bhae ta ramrai cha raicha, ani tiniharu kaan bata sajilai sanga khascha ki firmly adkirahancha?

KetanMhrzn

Admin
Staff member
Mythical
Achievements
  • Captain
  • Sterling Silver Heart
  • Lieutnant
  • Pirate's Loot
  • Twin Silver Heart
  • The Postbox
CN$
k garnu noob dai buds kineni haraula bhanera dhago le bannai parne ho XD
jk
Which one do you prefer apple buds or samsung??
yo chai right eartip use garyo ki kaan ma takka adkincha, testo loose chaina :D

Sound quality dubai ramro cha hair Airpod ra Galaxy buds ko, tara I prefer Airpod more, tesma sound ajja crisp cha ani malai yo galaxy buds ko rubber tip teti manpareyna..
kaan bhitra nai bhijhcha :p

XBocTT

Initiate
Achievements
  • Lieutnant
  • Plated Silver Heart
  • Scroll Master
  • Bronze Heart
  • Copper Heart
  • Scroll Collector
CN$
Galaxy buds are the new wireless earbuds by Samsung released not so long ago. They are the competitors to Apples Airbuds and possess similar features. I have been using it for the past 2 weeks and here's a quick review of the product.

View attachment 2695

The Galaxy Buds come in a box which includes the case with galaxy buds, a USB C data cable, 3 different sized wing and ear tips for a snug fit and some instructions for how to use them. The galaxy buds and the case is made of good grade matte plastic. I really like the pill-shaped design. The buds are bulky triangular shaped with rubber ear tip. The housing of the buds is Touch Control which can be used to play/pause, skip tracks, answer calls, launch voice assistants, etc. For the software part, Galaxy Buds app can be downloaded from the Google Play store and connected with the device.

The Galaxy buds can be used with any phones having Bluetooth but to download the Galaxy Wear App you need to have an Android smartphone as the app is not available for iPhones. The app tells you how much charge the buds have. It also enables some cool extra features like equalizer, ambient sound, find my earbuds, and control the notification. The touch control can also be modified to some extent and the firmware of the earphone can also be updated from the same app. iPhone users will not be able to use any of this feature for now.

View attachment 2694

Now talking about the sound quality it definitely is very good, the music is very clear which I like and has comparatively less bass which is fine for me. The rubber ear tip on the buds cancel the outside noise but using the ambient sound effect on the app, the buds let some sound in so that outside noise could also be heard matching with the music that you are listening to.

The buds hold the charge for about 5-6 hours and the case obviously acts as the charger for the buds which holds up to an additional seven hours of charge. It can also be charged wirelessly using a charging pad but I have not used that feature yet. I charge my Galaxy Buds in the interval of 3-4 days. I use it for 3-4 hours in a day which is not that much but it holds the charge pretty good in heavy use too.

Talking about the price, Samsung galaxy buds are available for Rs 14,999 in any official Samsung stores in Kathmandu but it can be found much cheaper in Hamrobazar for a second hand one. It comes free with any S10 phones from Samsung.

Final verdict. I really like the sound quality of the buds and the overall product gives a premium feel. The app works really well and customizing the user experience to some extent is always good. The touch control works without any lag but one has to be very precise with the taps and touches. I missed a lot of times when tapping but it will be better throughout the time I use the earbuds. I really have an issue with the ambient sound feature because for me it does not work like it was intended to. Sound of wind blowing can be easily picked up and I constantly hear a “woooooshhhhh” sound while listening to music. So that feature is turned off when I'm using it. Also, I'm a big fan of earphones with no rubber tips like the original Apple or Remax earphones, I feel they are more comfortable and less sweaty in ears. Rs 14,999 is a good price for quality wireless earphones but minus the wireless part, in that price, earphones with more quality sound are available.

So yeah, if you like quality sounding earphones which are wireless and has wireless charging available, this product is definitely for you but if you can stay away from the wireless part then there are tons of options in the market.
Air pods ain't nth but cost alot

Top Bottom