Achievements
  • Lieutnant
  • Silver Heart
  • Scroll Master
  • Plated Silver Heart
  • Scroll Collector
  • Bronze Heart
CN$
Ever been on a situation where you are working on your laptop, sipping a cup of water and minding your own business.
And BAM! Water.
Everywhere.
If the answer is YES, these tips may give you a chance to save your laptop. (Trust me! The tips are all out of experience)
- The 1st tip is to not panic and turn off your laptop immediately.
- Remove all the components that are detachable, be it mouse, battery or any external drives.
- Dry your machine. Wipe out the screen with towel or any absorbent fabric. Also, tilt the laptop to get the liquid out.
- Everything that can be unscrewed, unscrew it. And I mean, all of it.
- Open your laptop as much as you can and dry it for at least 3 hours.
- Breathe. Get into a yoga position. Donโ€™t have panic attack.
- Check after three hours.
- Screw all the detached parts back together.
- Does it start again? If yes, congratulations. If no, take it to the nearest repair center. And get it fixed.
The sooner you have it checked out, the better.

Luke Hemmings

Apprentice
Achievements
  • Lieutnant
  • The Post Master
  • Sterling Silver Heart
  • The Post Office
  • Twin Silver Heart
  • Silver Heart
CN$
Ever been on a situation where you are working on your laptop, sipping a cup of water and minding your own business.
And BAM! Water.
Everywhere.
If the answer is YES, these tips may give you a chance to save your laptop. (Trust me! The tips are all out of experience)
- Remove all the components that are detachable, be it mouse, battery or any external drives.
- Dry your machine. Wipe out the screen with towel or any absorbent fabric. Also, tilt the laptop to get the liquid out.
- Does it start again? If yes, congratulations. If no, take it to the nearest repair center. And get it fixed.
I once spilled coke all over my laptop. Only my keyboard isn't working. Everything else is fine. Now I'm using wireless keyboard ๐Ÿ˜‚

kal

Gadget Baba
Staff member
Artifact
Legendary
Achievements
  • Lieutnant
  • Pirate's Loot
  • Lava Gold Heart
  • The Postbox
  • First Scroll
  • Golden Heart
CN$
And BAM! Water.
Everywhere.

Do all of this all by yourself
or
just panic and ask your co worker to keep you calm as well as do all of this :D

Great post Sandhya! Chamal ko bora ma laptop rakhna chai mildaina hola hai?
that would be a stupid thing to do. or is it? :unsure::unsure:

and of course don't inform the boss ;)

Rohan

Initiate
Achievements
  • Plated Silver Heart
  • Scroll Master
  • Bronze Heart
  • Scroll Collector
  • Super Scroller
  • Novice
CN$
And BAM! Water.
Everywhere.
Kholara fere jodna aayana vana ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Sadip Gurung Konmey

Apprentice
Cybermancer
Achievements
  • Lieutnant
  • Twin Silver Heart
  • The Postbox
  • Silver Heart
  • Treasure Box
  • Scroll Master
CN$
So here is my incidence. It's not related to liquid but semi-liquid.
So I had let my nephew watch cartoon on dell . After sometime, due to some minor heatlh issues , he threw up on the laptop. My sister immediately rushed and put her hand above the keyboard so that no more semi-liquid could get in contact with the laptop.
After that I tried to dry the laptop , didn't work.I had to go to the repair centre.

N.B.
The worst thing is that repairing is never done hand to hand in Nepal instead they will say come after few days.

Kriztkrtmg

Apprentice
Cybermancer
Achievements
  • Lieutnant
  • Pirate's Loot
  • Sterling Silver Heart
  • Twin Silver Heart
  • Silver Heart
  • The Postbox
CN$
Here is my personal experience.
Accidentally, a steel glass of hot water spilled on the laptop.
I immediately turn off the laptop and cut the battery cable too.

Then, I remove the battery and put the laptop in inclined position full night.
Next morning, I put the battery and turn on the laptop. It works perfectly fine, for a hour. Suddenly, F1 key is not responding. After that F2 key has a function of F1 key. Then I used laptop in inclined position. All the key worked good again. After that most of the keys are not responding. I think, this was just fine for me. I can use external keyboard, I don't have to be that worry.
So next day, I used laptop for few hours and turned off the laptop. After 15 second, It automatically boot up. I turned off again, and it boot up again.
Then, I went to laptop repairing center. 3 days past, they didn't even saw the problem on my laptop. I called there, but they said,"It need 3-4 days more. Our technician is currently out of valley".
That's a very long duration. I can't give my laptop that much days to them. So I returned it un-repaired.
Went home, disassembled all components, cleaned the fans, put the thermal paste on both CPU and GPU, and boot the laptop.
All the keys are working properly and the problem of auto booting is still there. I disassembled again and clean the keyboard. I saw there is few drops of water in power button circuit board. I used cotton to clean it all, let it dry and then assembled it.
Now it works perfectly fine. All the problems are fixed. There is no any issue.

Note : I've never disassembled this model (Dell 7567) before. So it took an hour to disassemble and even more time to assemble. I had disassemble previous Dell N4050 model and 1 Hp model. I find Dell 7567 is more complex than other. I took my own risk. But if you are not confident and don't want to take risk, then show it to laptop repairing center who can fix it in less time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom