Achievements
  • Lieutnant
  • Golden Heart
  • The Post Master
  • Sterling Silver Heart
  • The Post Office
  • Novice
CN$
The present generation has initiated with recently developed battle royale games like Player Unknown's Battle Royale, Fortnite and many others. The kids or teenagers of this generation might think that this genre of gaming just dropped off out of nowhere. Well, this I'm afraid, isn't the case.

History of Battle Royale
Well, it all started with games like H1Z1 arma III and Rust. To those who aren't aware, H1Z1 is a multiplayer online game packed with zombies, basically zombies, as stated in the name itself. The world is open but bounded, filled with timely respawning loots and people, real world people.
Arma 3 is a single + multiplayer militiary-based game. You can take part in campaigns, lead a pack of people and raid and all. DayZ is a Arma 3 mod which added zombies amd stuff, online just like H1Z1.
Rust on the other hand is a cartoony survival multiplayer game, where you spawn in a multiplayer world, naked *naked meaning literally naked* and you'll have to collect stones, wood and various resources in order to survive. Later you can move onto complex crafting. It's basically Minecraft but abit complex and not cubes lol.

One of the very first initiator of the battle royale genre is H1Z1. It released it's new mode called King of the hill, where you basically have everything like a typical battle royale game. Of course, DayZ, which was supposed to be a mod, released it's own standalone version.
One of the unexpected *and my all time favourite* was minecraft. Minecraft's servers released a new mode called 'The Hunger Games', based on the movie 'The Hunger games' where you had to be the last one standing after racing to a series of chests with useful items and then running and fighting for your life, all in order to be the last one standing. *in my opinion minecraft hunger games was the best among all, just saying*. Along witht he hunger games, it released egg wars, bed wars, skywars where the objective was the same, to be the last one or the last team to be standing.

These games played an extremely important role to flourish the genre of battle royale. They are the only reason you people are getting to play game like pubg, fortnite, apex legends, ring of elysium, etc. Thus, let's thank and respect those games *especially minecraft*.

So, this is it, the history of your BELOVED battle royale genre.
*ps: I still play minecraft now and Im proud. Also proud because I play the original battle royale unlike you guys lol. Press Y to shame*

Mohit

Initiate
Cybermancer
Achievements
  • Pirate's Loot
  • Plated Silver Heart
  • Lieutnant
  • Scroll Master
  • Bronze Heart
  • Scroll Collector
CN$
BlueHole recruited the maker of H1Z1 for the development of PUBG. I think PUBG was the first battle royale game that caught the attention of gamers all over steam. So you have to appreciate H1Z1 for introducing the battle-royale genre
I think the reason why PUBG got this popular was due to its mobile release. Many competitors like fortnite then followed.

sumo_ed

Rookie
Cybermancer
Achievements
  • Lieutnant
  • Golden Heart
  • The Post Master
  • Sterling Silver Heart
  • The Post Office
  • Novice
CN$
People meme about the minecraft being a kids game and not even a real game but its one of the old and still relevant game and have so much potential to do.
Ps: I still play the game Cracked version with hamachi (cause poor af).
With minecraft being a living meme rn, I guess it's better for it's future lol.
But surely minecraft brings nostalgia. I remember being afraid of going into caves when I was 5-grade kid. And also at night I remember digging 3 blocks down and covering one block up and staying there, cornered like a crying kid.
😂

Yeaah I stull play minecraft team extreme with my bros. You can join us too lol

Yeshash Manandhar

Rookie
Cybermancer
Achievements
  • Lieutnant
  • The Post Master
  • Sterling Silver Heart
  • Pirate's Loot
  • The Post Office
  • Twin Silver Heart
CN$
I think the reason why PUBG got this popular was due to its mobile release. Many competitors like fortnite then followed.
Yes, you're right but PUBG was wayy popular before it's mobile release as well. When Fortnite also introduced the battle-royale gameplay and there was this whole controversy between PUBG and Epic Games where Blue Hole tried suing Epic games for copying their game mode :D

AceOfSpades

Rookie
Cybermancer
Achievements
  • Lieutnant
  • Golden Heart
  • The Post Master
  • Sterling Silver Heart
  • Thrifty
  • The Post Office
CN$
The present generation has initiated with recently developed battle royale games like Player Unknown's Battle Royale, Fortnite and many others. The kids or teenagers of this generation might think that this genre of gaming just dropped off out of nowhere. Well, this I'm afraid, isn't the case.

History of Battle Royale
Well, it all started with games like H1Z1 arma III and Rust. To those who aren't aware, H1Z1 is a multiplayer online game packed with zombies, basically zombies, as stated in the name itself. The world is open but bounded, filled with timely respawning loots and people, real world people.
Arma 3 is a single + multiplayer militiary-based game. You can take part in campaigns, lead a pack of people and raid and all. DayZ is a Arma 3 mod which added zombies amd stuff, online just like H1Z1.
Rust on the other hand is a cartoony survival multiplayer game, where you spawn in a multiplayer world, naked *naked meaning literally naked* and you'll have to collect stones, wood and various resources in order to survive. Later you can move onto complex crafting. It's basically Minecraft but abit complex and not cubes lol.

One of the very first initiator of the battle royale genre is H1Z1. It released it's new mode called King of the hill, where you basically have everything like a typical battle royale game. Of course, DayZ, which was supposed to be a mod, released it's own standalone version.
One of the unexpected *and my all time favourite* was minecraft. Minecraft's servers released a new mode called 'The Hunger Games', based on the movie 'The Hunger games' where you had to be the last one standing after racing to a series of chests with useful items and then running and fighting for your life, all in order to be the last one standing. *in my opinion minecraft hunger games was the best among all, just saying*. Along witht he hunger games, it released egg wars, bed wars, skywars where the objective was the same, to be the last one or the last team to be standing.

These games played an extremely important role to flourish the genre of battle royale. They are the only reason you people are getting to play game like pubg, fortnite, apex legends, ring of elysium, etc. Thus, let's thank and respect those games *especially minecraft*.

So, this is it, the history of your BELOVED battle royale genre.
*ps: I still play minecraft now and Im proud. Also proud because I play the original battle royale unlike you guys lol. Press Y to shame*
I still remember King of the hill

TRT_DKnight

Apprentice
Cybermancer
Achievements
  • Sterling Silver Heart
  • Lieutnant
  • Pirate's Loot
  • The Post Office
  • Twin Silver Heart
  • Silver Heart
CN$
BlueHole recruited the maker of H1Z1 for the development of PUBG. I think PUBG was the first battle royale game that caught the attention of gamers all over steam. So you have to appreciate H1Z1 for introducing the battle-royale genre
According to what I know, this is how they came out in order.
1. Minecraft Hunger Games
2. Arma 3 Battle Royale mod
3. H1Z1
4. PUBG
5. Fortnite
6. Blackout
7. Apex Legends
(and many others between PUBG and Apex) 🤔

Top Bottom