Game Developers in CN

Go to solution Solved by TheSewak,

Hello fellow CNers! 

I was wondering if there are any Game Developers or Game Development students here. I am also one of the game development students. If anyone wants to start their journey, ask here I will help as much as I can. Let's create some games and have fun!

• Like 5

7 answers to this question

• Solution

You don't need any high requirements to get started. I would suggest you to start from https://learn.unity.com/ site. This is the official learning platform by Unity. For starting Unity would be good. At first I learnt from this Karting microgame  (for 3D). This made me familiar to unity basics. After completing this project I learnt this Beginner Scripting from Unity Learn, this made me familiar with coding with c#. 

The karting microgame is a 3D game and if you want to be familiar with basics first then I would recommend going for this Platformer Microgame

You will find lots of game development tutorials on YouTube too, but first explore Unity Learn website, it has everything you need to get started. Self study helps a lot. But please if you are starting, do something for at least 1hr daily and be consistent, it's hard to grasp the things at first but you will get used to them if you do consistently. And don't just learn, but also implement the things you learnt and make small projects. Learning while building projects helps a lot.

Good Luck! Ask me anything if you are confused, I'll help as much as I can!

• Like 4

What is the current status of game developer in Nepal right now, will we be seeing any changes ?

Planning to go to Australia for higher studies, what is the status there?

There are Indie developers but it's not yet grown as much as internationally. But internationally it's huge. Changes will be seen as people go on discovering more games. This industry is bigger than the whole Movie industry of the world so there are opportunities internationally. I'm also in learning phase right now.

1 hour ago, Snake_Eye said:

What is the current status of game developer in Nepal right now, will we be seeing any changes ?

Planning to go to Australia for higher studies, what is the status there?

Not sure of Australia but Canada is the best place to go to pursue game development.. Either it be starting out as an indie or directly aiming to be a part of AAA publishers. 

Why I say Canada is that, majority of gaming publishers have large studio bases there(less tax laws) and they conduct many conferences regularly along with large job openings as well. 

But to have a smooth life in Canada, you have to have your bachelor degrees already and some prior experience so that you can earn some money whilst doing your masters and work extra hard towards your dream. 

• Like 2