Using old CRT monitor for gaming

Today, I got an idea about utilizing 12 years old CRT monitor. As my laptop have VGA port and that monitor support VGA only, I thought to check, how does it feel. As old CRT monitor usually have aspect ratio of 4:3, their resolution are like 1024*768, 1280*1024 etc. My monitor support up to 1280*1024 at 60Hz and 1024*768 at 85Hz. 

Laptop built-in display support only 1366*768p at 60HZ. 1112932425_Screenshot(538).thumb.png.4692d3d93415a4fa4e051c3bbdc114cc.png

In this screenshot, you can see these two displays have different aspect ratio as built-in display have ~16:9 and CRT monitor have 4:3 aspect ratio.

824958149_Screenshot(539).thumb.png.f7bc9d2b79f87e9badf429fb44b6580c.png

This is the screenshot of my laptop built-in display with all resolution and refresh rate. 

6211859_Screenshot(540).thumb.png.773746b789f45a5225de4aa75a32051b.png

This is the screenshot of old CRT monitor. 

Response time of CRT monitor was quite good, viewing angle was also nice however, I could not change the brightness, even the monitor has that option.

As my laptop have potato graphics card it can Run valorant on 25-35 FPS only, I didn't felt any difference in both of these displays. If you know any shooting games..that can run 100+ FPS on any PC, please tell me... 

4 answers to this question

IIRC CRTs have the lowest response time out of any panels and also the viewing angle is comparable to IPS. Some people do prefer to use CRTs even now( Like the guy from Digital Foundry).

If you can tell me your specs, I could recommend some games that can go over 100 fps.  If it really is a very low end hardware then:

1. Left 4 Dead 1 or 2

2. Half Life(any)

3. CS:GO or source

• Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, Panda_Mafia said:

IIRC CRTs have the lowest response time out of any panels and also the viewing angle is comparable to IPS. Some people do prefer to use CRTs even now( Like the guy from Digital Foundry).

If you can tell me your specs, I could recommend some games that can go over 100 fps.  If it really is a very low end hardware then:

1. Left 4 Dead 1 or 2

2. Half Life(any)

3. CS:GO or source

I have tried CS:GO and CS source, i donot get get 60+ FPS on both games.

thanks for other games.. I'll try them.

27 minutes ago, Bhawanish SHah said:

i also have a crt tv but i have not tested it cuz  it supports red,white,yellow cables

it works properly and it is 13 year old

Yeah.. I also have one CRT TV from Sony company.. It is older then me and works properly till now 😅