[Resolution] | Reading In 2021 | Too Good To Be True?

I am not much of a resolution maker. However, I have made one this year and that is to read at least 50 books (Fiction and Non-Fiction) in 2021. Help me reach that goal by recommending some of your favorite books. Also - I don't like people like Chetan Bhagat, or Paulo Coelho, or even the Dan Browns of this age. 

I started with this book called "Man's Search For Meaning" by Viktor E. Frankl. Its too Good!

Others I have on my list are :

Either/Or - Soren Kierkegaard

Mother - Maxim Gorky

The Man of Feeling - Henry Mckenzie

The Moonstone - Wilkie Collins

Ulysses - James Joyce

Portrait of an Artist as a young man - James Joyce

and

Disgrace - JM Coetzee

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

21 answers to this question

You can opt for classics like:
1) Lolita - Vladimir Nabokov

2) To Kill a Mocking Bird - Harper Lee

3) The Catcher in the Rye - J D Salinger

4) The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald

5) Midnight's Children - Salman Rushdie

6) Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte

• Like 4

IMG_20210101_131631.jpg.72fa17a4f563ea7aa4e383dc0a985a46.jpg

I have these at my disposal atm. Hope to finish them asap so that i could add more to that list.

Anyway i too had 5 books a month in my resolution 😄

Edited by Anjali
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Administrator

Haven't been reading much these days. Looks like the pandemic has taken a toll on me. But i believe we have lots of readers out here. 
Give us your recommendations  @845try @Sabin. And where is our @ Beecase bhai... @ Niyankhadka and @ Ramdai. I am sure you guys read as well. Post your read so that i get inspired again.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Anjali said:

I have these at my disposal atm. Hope to finish them asap so that i could add more to that list.

Didn't Enjoy Harari despite all the hype. J for Judgement is a decent book. Adding a dangerous fortune to my list now!!

Also, 5 books a month sounds great!!!! I should aim for 60 now I guess 😄

And thank you for much for the brilliant recommendations @ParwatiI have read them -- those are all great books! Hope someone picks up one of those looking at your reply!! - I wonder if you've read - and like - Hemingway looking at your picks

• Like 2

20210101_174948.jpg

These are the ones I'm cycling between currently.One is thought provoking and the other one is mind-boggling. With exams a week away, these are my stress relievers really. ( Yes at this point, even Mein Kampf is less stressful than a subject called Electronics and Digital Circuits). 

Emergency is such a enjoyable read. Its binge-worthy.That would be my top recommendation for now.

• Like 3

Right..... Nowadays, reading books is hardly taken. I am thinking of going out to Bipasna for mind peace. Mind is getting fire and hardly read any words by now. Am i the only one who is feeling like this ? 

• Like 1
  • Administrator
17 minutes ago, Niyankhadka said:

Right..... Nowadays, reading books is hardly taken. I am thinking of going out to Bipasna for mind peace. Mind is getting fire and hardly read any words by now. Am i the only one who is feeling like this ? 

felt the exact same long ago. i have also written  my views in this article if you like you can go through it .

My 2020 went with these books . although i was unable to finish GOOD TO GREAT but its a really good book for personnel growth
IMG20210101180449.jpg

• Like 3
  • Administrator
48 minutes ago, Panda_Mafia said:

20210101_174948.jpg

These are the ones I'm cycling between currently.One is thought provoking and the other one is mind-boggling. With exams a week away, these are my stress relievers really. ( Yes at this point, even Mein Kampf is less stressful than a subject called Electronics and Digital Circuits). 

Emergency is such a enjoyable read. Its binge-worthy.That would be my top recommendation for now.

@ Panda_MafiaExams ko manche napadera kata yaha... do good . All the very best !!!

20 minutes ago, Sabin said:

felt the exact same long ago. i have also written  my views in this article if you like you can go through it .

My 2020 went with these books . although i was unable to finish GOOD TO GREAT but its a really good book for personnel growth
IMG20210101180449.jpg

@Sabin Thats some good books you read there. I wish i could read a single book. But that isnt happening. I think i should think about Vipasana like @ Niyankhadka said.... I serious need some peace of mind...i guess

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, avinash said:

Didn't Enjoy Harari despite all the hype. J for Judgement is a decent book. Adding a dangerous fortune to my list now!!

Also, 5 books a month sounds great!!!! I should aim for 60 now I guess 😄

And thank you for much for the brilliant recommendations @ParwatiI have read them -- those are all great books! Hope someone picks up one of those looking at your reply!! - I wonder if you've read - and like - Hemingway looking at your picks

Hahahaha lets do like this then lets just post the names of the books you read as soon as you finish it. Lets see who reads more and more over , it will also help find a good read. Whatsay @ avinash ?

5 hours ago, Parwati said:

You can opt for classics like:
1) Lolita - Vladimir Nabokov

2) To Kill a Mocking Bird - Harper Lee

3) The Catcher in the Rye - J D Salinger

4) The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald

5) Midnight's Children - Salman Rushdie

6) Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte

Those are nice ones Parwati. I dunno if you have finished reading them but if you have not do read them. Wonderful classics i must say. 

• Like 2
59 minutes ago, Panda_Mafia said:

20210101_174948.jpg

You have some nice collection there @ Panda_Mafia. Which one is that on the back? The Crows one ?All the very best for your exams 🙂

• Like 1
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, Panda_Mafia said:

Thank you Sir. Padhna chai aba 30 minutes padhdai 60 minutes break system ho. Its not ideal but works.😅

Haahaha.. Its ok as long as you get that pass marks 😄 which m sure you will get. So, relax !!!

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, Anjali said:

You have some nice collection there @ Panda_Mafia. Which one is that on the back? The Crows one ?All the very best for your exams 🙂

Thank you. The ones on the back is The Song of Ice and Fire collection:

20210101_185953.jpg

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, Amul said:

@ Panda_MafiaExams ko manche napadera kata yaha... do good . All the very best !!!

@Sabin Thats some good books you read there. I wish i could read a single book. But that isnt happening. I think i should think about Vipasana like @ Niyankhadka said.... I serious need some peace of mind...i guess

VIPASANA... HMM DEFINETlY SHOULD TRY THAT FOR SURE

1 hour ago, Sabin said:

IMG20210101180449.jpg

Can you tell me about zero to one book ? I got an eye on it. 

It's been like 2 years since I promised myself to read the books other than my college's. Maybe I was waiting for 2021😂 Will try to complete the above mentioned books. I have no idea about these books.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Administrator
21 hours ago, Niyankhadka said:

Can you tell me about zero to one book ? I got an eye on it. 

its about entreprenuership. you would love it. 

• Like 2