Is ram upgrade important ?

So I have experienced Decrease in performance of my laptop.  Also it has a terrible cooling system  . So to boost the performance I’ve thought of  changing the thermal paste and also thinking of upgrading ram ( from 8-12) . Will it be worth it ?

12 answers to this question

Yes and no at the same time. If you are regularly using RAM at its capacity (>lets say 85%) you will definitely feel a boost in performance, if not, it is unlikely that you will experience a performance boost. 

Using a laptop cooler might be helpful and

the thermal paste too. And since u are replacing it, clean your laptop, because dust clogging everything might also be a reason for the performance drop.

The best improvement you will notice is Multitasking. You will have an easier time with that.

Speed however, depends largely on your hard disk as well. SSDs work faster, HDDs are slower but last longer. Let's just say RAM enables you to "switch" faster!

• Like 1
On 9/7/2020 at 1:23 AM, AshimkunwoR said:

So I have experienced Decrease in performance of my laptop.  Also it has a terrible cooling system  . So to boost the performance I’ve thought of  changing the thermal paste and also thinking of upgrading ram ( from 8-12) . Will it be worth it ?

Yeah upgrading RAM will definitely help you. But along with I would recommend you to upgrade to a SSD if there isn't SSD in your laptop. It will increase the app opening time and overall performance as well. Make sure that your SSD is your C drive.

• Like 3

See whether your way of using PC is using RAM in full capacity. If it is, upgrade it, otherwise don't. But increasing RAM only won't secure the increase in speed of computer.

• Like 1

Try undervolting your system. Doing this will boost your performance for sure. Talking about upgrading RAM, yes if you can - upgrading components are always beneficial for your system's performance boost.

if you have old processor and less ram there is no any benefits when you upgrade it. if you have good and latest processor like r3 r5 r7 i3 i5 i7 and less ram you should definitely upgrade your ram to boost your performance 

Edited by Smile pnt