A tweak you can do to your low end PC to get a better gaming performance!

So you are a pretty good gamer but the only thing holding you back is your low end PC? Worry no further as this tweaking will help several of you as it did to me. This step-by-step picture guide will help your pc get a better performance for gaming.

First step : Open contol panel, you can do that by searching "control panel" on the windows search bar.

Second step : On the search bar to the top right, search for "system"

Capture.thumb.JPG.9c2153dca9ad870f84cd4af122cb99ff.JPG
Third step : Click on the view advanced settings options

Capture1.thumb.JPG.c75a60f152abc582f136d60ced9831f8.JPG
Fourth step : Under advanced, there should be performance. Click on the settings under performance section.

Capture2.JPG.a39471e797af34465bb19099bf6cf21d.JPG
Fifth step : By default it should be "Let windows choose what's best for my computer". Select "Adjust for best performance".

Capture3.JPG.4ad8881e3d252dbba22d1dcb8ace069f.JPG

Capture4.JPG.3dce15ad0b0475425934d0134b6b0a10.JPG

Final step : Click on "apply"

Capture5.JPG.9489332048ac47ed5fa8ead16655a6d9.JPG

BOOM your gaming performance will increase.
This should boost your gaming performance for around 10% but take that with a grain of salt because different devices are different and your PC might be optimized to rendered some of those and you may only see a little boost, but that is a boost none the less for low end PC gamers. I myself gained around 10 fps using this trick and it was also stable for the majority of times. This will make your windows and texts in some apps harder to read as the shadows are turned off. I use this settings only while gaming and put them to default after I am done gaming.

If you don't care what your windows homescreen while gaming and can make do with whatever to achieve some more fps even after doing all these, then like this post to let me know that you want that. I will put my time researching for those tweakings which you can do for that. And if you don't want your text to lose the default properties but still want to gain some performance while gaming, like the post and let me know in the comments, then I will do a follow up post for that.

Bonus tip : Close every app while gaming to gain some performance boost as well.

• Like 3

10 answers to this question

It is just turning off all the animations which makes pc looks faster. Its still useful though since there are bunch of useless animations. Better turn on Smooth edges and Show thumbnails. It makes texts smooth and thumbnails shows insights.

1 hour ago, kawaiieo said:

It is just turning off all the animations which makes pc looks faster. Its still useful though since there are bunch of useless animations. Better turn on Smooth edges and Show thumbnails. It makes texts smooth and thumbnails shows insights.

It also boosted game performance for me and my friends 😁

• Like 1

This the only thing I suggest to every of my friend if they ask me the way to make their PC faster and it works. The PC feels much smoother and faster than before. Everyone gotta try this out. The display kinda looks different but you will be habitual to it.

Edited by Shryder
14 hours ago, sakshyam khanal said:

bro yo ta jst animation hatauni..ani font halka lite(hope you understand) use garni ta ho ni yesle khassai affect gardaina..boru ultimate perfomance on garda ali dherai perfomance gain hunxa(windows 10 only)

Haina bro, aajkal windows animation ni most of them GPUs le render garnu parchha tara aba on board low end GPU ki ta generally low end GPU lai eti ni load diyena bhane generally nai improve hunchha yo performance

13 hours ago, Shryder said:

This the only thing I suggest to every of my friend if they ask me the way to make their PC faster and it works. The PC feels much smoother and faster than before. Everyone gotta try this out. The display kinda looks different but you will be habitual to it.

Yes. arko ni method chha tesma display ra fonts as usual dekhauchha ani halka performance boost hunchha but I am kinda worried to post because turns out only three people got helped by this post. So arkai kei post garchhu hola. If you want that then react to the post and I will understand

• Like 2
On 9/9/2020 at 2:04 PM, kawaiieo said:

don't you have a gaming laptop. why do you need to turn off these

Edited by RedEye