More is not always better

We generally think that more wifi bars give better network quality. But this is not true at all. The bars actually show the strength of the network, not the quality of the internet connection. This is the reason that sometimes you don't get proper internet speed even though the wifi bar is full.

Similarly, people who quite don't know about SSD will choose the laptop with 2 TB hard drive over a laptop with 256 GB SSD. Despite the huge amount of storage that the hard drive has, SSD is 10 times faster and better than the hard drive as SSD has faster read and write speed than that of hard drive.

We also think that mobile phones camera having higher mega pixel is always better. But only megapixel doesn't conclude that the camera is better. We can see low end devices or mid range phone that has around 12 mp camera but the photos it captures are of poor quality. This is because the cheaper phones have CMOS sensor that provides very low quality photos. So more doesn't always mean better.

• Like 5

7 answers to this question

I used to be the victim of the Megapixel misinformation. Talk about Digital Cameras, or Phones alike, the higher the better. However, I was soon dumbfounded by the discovery of iPhones. Despite the, usually, lower numbers, they manage to achieve such superiority in their cameras. 

I think their cameras go as low as f - 1.6 

• Like 1

Megapixel thingy. I learnt it the embarrassingly hard way.😅

With the SSDs, its not misinformation but more of a budget problem for the buyers. SSDs cost like 3-4 times the price of HDDs. They are faster for sure but if a person chooses 2TB hdd over 256 gigs ssd then that is clever and cheaper imo. Don't buy SSDs below 512 GB, it really is not worth it. It gets filled up with OS files, one-two AAA games to most and your rendering softwares. Thats it! 

Best option is to always get 512 GB SSD and 1 TB HDD when on a budget. HDDs will never become obsolete unless SSDs become cheaper 

• Like 2

Lol I sit infront of the router all the time 😂😂 

And megapixel thing is that if you buy cheaper phone, you have to deal with the cheaper sensor camera.

Edited by Beecase
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Beecase said:

Lol I sit infront of the router all the time 😂😂 

And megapixel thing is that if you buy cheaper phone, you have to deal with the cheaper sensor camera.

I also used to go for more number of wifi signal but later I realized it didn't work and searched for it and found that it really doesn't matter about your signal if you have poor internet connection 

• Like 1