Headphones or earphones?

I still don't know the pros and cons of using headphones and earphones. I only know that headphones are better for listening to the music as it is widely used in recording studio. And another thing I have found among my friend is that they wear headphones to look cooler ( don't know if it makes any sense). 

Regarding earphone, I have found that some of the gamers go for good earphone instead of headphones. But actually what matters is the quality of headphones or earphones you are using and the price you are paying for it.

So can anyone tell me the difference between using headphones and earphones? 

• Like 2

5 answers to this question

It really depends on personal preference. I prefer earphones mainly because :

• They're portable. Easily fits in my pocket. Need to carry bags for headphones (and I am not into the "walk with the headphones around your neck" fashion)
  • I like the in-ear feel of sound. Headphones are more impending. I wouldn't mind headphones for music, but for gaming I need the in-ear feel or I can't focus.
  • They're cheap. Talk about similar sound quality, yet the price difference is going to be considerable.
  • They don't hurt my ears, whereas prolonged usage of headphone usage makes me wanna rip them off.

Hope it helps.  

for gaming I suggest headphones because they provide feature like noise cancellation and they are more comfortable. furthermore my experience with headphones are better than earphones.

11 hours ago, avinash said:

It really depends on personal preference. I prefer earphones mainly because :

• They're portable. Easily fits in my pocket. Need to carry bags for headphones (and I am not into the "walk with the headphones around your neck" fashion)
  • I like the in-ear feel of sound. Headphones are more impending. I wouldn't mind headphones for music, but for gaming I need the in-ear feel or I can't focus.
  • They're cheap. Talk about similar sound quality, yet the price difference is going to be considerable.
  • They don't hurt my ears, whereas prolonged usage of headphone usage makes me wanna rip them off.

Hope it helps.  

Thank you.

9 hours ago, baka said:

for gaming I suggest headphones because they provide feature like noise cancellation and they are more comfortable. furthermore my experience with headphones are better than earphones.

Yeah but they do cost more.

• Like 2

All the answer will based on the purpose. So, if you are using for personal and portable to listen the songs, receiving calls, then earphones will be better including earbuds. 
If you want to use for desktop or for playing games where audio is much more sensitive, then you should go for headphone. 

As per high price, both earphone and headphone comes with better quality but know your purpose. 

• Like 1