Hard Reset VS Factory Reset!!

I google a lot on this topic but couldnot reach to a conclusion. 

I just want to know the differences between Hard Reset and Factory Reset.

OR

Are they both the same?

12 answers to this question

In laymen's term,

A factory resets resets your device to the factory setting and wipes all data to make it seem as it is just out of the factory.

Whereas a hard reset is just rebooting the device to remove minor bugs and issues.(the term hard reset isn't clearly defined).

There are theories that hard reset is when you use(home and volume buttons) till you get a factory options navigate through the selections to reset your phone. The hard term implying you couldn't access the on screen settings through touch.

• Like 1

Factory reset le mobile ko sab software haru mobile kineko bela ko version maa restore gardinxa.

Hard reset le chaii hardware reset garxa ani latest version maa upgrade gardinxa. It is done when device doesn't function properly.

• Like 2

Factory Reset: Factory resets are generally done to remove the data entirely from a device, the device is to be started again and requires the need of re installation of the software. The factory reset makes the device function again in a new form. It cleans the entire system of the device. It is probably done at the time of updating to a new version of the device's software.

Hard reset:  When a device does not function properly, it means the setting in the device needs to be changed, so only that part of the device is reset, or rebooted in the hard reset. It clears all the memory associated with the hardware and updates the hardware with the latest updated version. After the hard reset, the CPU or the processor restarts the application.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Sygdml said:

Factory Reset: Factory resets are generally done to remove the data entirely from a device, the device is to be started again and requires the need of re installation of the software. The factory reset makes the device function again in a new form. It cleans the entire system of the device. It is probably done at the time of updating to a new version of the device's software.

Hard reset:  When a device does not function properly, it means the setting in the device needs to be changed, so only that part of the device is reset, or rebooted in the hard reset. It clears all the memory associated with the hardware and updates the hardware with the latest updated version. After the hard reset, the CPU or the processor restarts the application.

Is it beneficial to do hard reset or factory reset?

2 minutes ago, baka said:

I am not getting updates on my phone so what should i do?

I think, your device gets updates one day but can't be said in which day. I think neither factory reset nor hard reset will give your device an update. Also, you can update your phone by downloading installation packages from official website and there are videos which will help you in how to update from installation packages. I heard in some device, update were never appeared while other devices got year ago. It might be companies error. 

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, cultured_weeb said:

i think both are same. they just reset your phone. nothing else

they work in the same method but they are not same. you can find some difference if you do hard reset and factory reset.

• Haha 1