I think we all know that intel uses its integrated UHD / Iris / HD GPUs since ages ago. With the reveal of new GPU line up from Nvidia, as well the upcoming reveal of Big Navi from AMD. Intel has been working in the dark for it's own iGPU for its Tiger Lake (11th gen architecture) Processors. 

I saw a video about intel trying to compete in gpu market from linus tech tips months ago, maybe before a year. And I thought the idea just collapsed and intel had put its resources for CPU chips. But surprisingly, yesterday I saw Dave 2D's video titled "Intel sent their secret weapon" 

As every person who saw that title, I was also suprised.  To simply put, that video was about the new 11th gen Tiger Lake CPU and the new intel xe iGPU. 

Intel Xe GPU has 3 different micro architecture:

Intel Xe HPC: The top notch Xe GPU for super computers and designed for data centres. Not for consumers I think.

Intel Xe HP: The medium tier Xe GPU for all the tech enthusiasts and pc gamers.

Intel Xe LP: The entry level Xe GPU, for entry level laptops with Intel Tiger Lake CPUs.

Core i7 1185G7 + intel Xe LP + 1080p + Low

Rainbow Six Siege: 112 fps 

Valorant: 136 fps

Overwatch: 121 fps

Doom Eternal: 54 fps

(The above given benchmark is taken from Dave 2D's above mentioned video.)

In the context of Nepal, where everything related to tech is priced heavy due to various import tax, I think this iGPU in 11th gen Tiger Lake Processors would be very useful. It is an integrated gpu which means you don't need to buy a new GPU which costs high for a decent one. I think the new laptops with this APU would be the best choice for casual laptop gamers. Let me know what do you guys think about it. 

Edited by y0bamaa
  • Like 1
19 minutes ago, y0bamaa said:

I think we all know that intel uses its integrated UHD / Iris / HD GPUs since ages ago. With the reveal of new GPU line up from Nvidia, as well the upcoming reveal of Big Navi from AMD. Intel has been working in the dark for it's own iGPU for its Tiger Lake (11th gen architecture) Processors. 

I saw a video about intel trying to compete in gpu market from linus tech tips months ago, maybe before a year. And I thought the idea just collapsed and intel had put its resources for CPU chips. But surprisingly, yesterday I saw Dave 2D's video titled "Intel sent their secret weapon" 

As every person who saw that title, I was also suprised.  To simply put, that video was about the new 11th gen Tiger Lake CPU and the new intel xe iGPU. 

Intel Xe GPU has 3 different micro architecture:

Intel Xe HPC: The top notch Xe GPU for super computers and designed for data centres. Not for consumers I think.

Intel Xe HP: The medium tier Xe GPU for all the tech enthusiasts and pc gamers.

Intel Xe LP: The entry level Xe GPU, for entry level laptops with Intel Tiger Lake CPUs.

Core i7 1185G7 + intel Xe LP + 1080p + Low

Rainbow Six Siege: 112 fps 

Valorant: 136 fps

Overwatch: 121 fps

Doom Eternal: 54 fps

(The above given benchmark is taken from Dave 2D's above mentioned video.)

In the context of Nepal, where everything related to tech is priced heavy due to various import tax, I think this iGPU in 11th gen Tiger Lake Processors would be very useful. It is an integrated gpu which means you don't need to buy a new GPU which costs high for a decent one. I think the new laptops with this APU would be the best choice for casual laptop gamers. Let me know what do you guys think about it. 

In my opinion this GPU will come in handy for those who are not that much of a game freak.

• Like 1

Those frames are not bad at all for an integrated GPU, but does anyone buy a laptop without "real GPU" for gaming? 

But if they don't over-price it and are just improving integrated GPU tech then its a good move from Intel.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, baka said:

In my opinion this GPU will come in handy for those who are not that much of a game freak.

Yeah iGPU isn't something a game freak would want. But it helps those with tight budget.

7 minutes ago, Panda_Mafia said:

Those frames are not bad at all for an integrated GPU, but does anyone buy a laptop without "real GPU" for gaming? 

But if they don't over-price it and are just improving integrated GPU tech then its a good move from Intel.

Haha I agree no one would buy a laptop without gpu for gaming but for those who's gaming is not the first priority, but a second priority. I think that's the line of consumers the new laptops with this iGPU will be looking upto.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, SUBSHR said:

I think for desktop integrated graphics does not matter but for thin and light laptop this does sound pretty good.

Yeah, we can do light gaming in ultrabooks and that is a plus for me haha.

• Like 1