Wearing Headphones and increase of bacteria in ear

Wearing headphone is not bad but wearing it for more than 30 minutes at a time is bad for the ears.

When you put on headphones, you cover your ears from the natural air, which increases production of bacteria by 700% in 1hr. Your ear drum naturally can not bear influx of bacteria in that quantity so it starts to react by paining or hearing loss in long term.

Secondly, when you are listening to fast music/ high beat sound which goes direct to your brain due to headphones, it affects the fine tissue of the brain eventually listener becomes hyper or excited which is bad in long run.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 answers to this question

5 hours ago, Sygdml said:

Wearing headphone is not bad but wearing it for more than 30 minutes at a time is bad for the ears.

When you put on headphones, you cover your ears from the natural air, which increases production of bacteria by 700% in 1hr. Your ear drum naturally can not bear influx of bacteria in that quantity so it starts to react by paining or hearing loss in long term.

Secondly, when you are listening to fast music/ high beat sound which goes direct to your brain due to headphones, it affects the fine tissue of the brain eventually listener becomes hyper or excited which is bad in long run.

😱😱😱😱

1 minute ago, Beecase said:

But what about streamers? They stream for 3/4 hrs straight wearing headphones and playing games.

Yea they might have consequences later in life. I even have experienced itchy ear due to over use of earphones/ Headphones. I literally use whole day, even there is no sound in earphones/ headphones. 😅

1 minute ago, Ankita said:

It might affect but need to research more regarding what actually happens cause most of the people wear the earphones all the time.

I almost use 12 hours in a day, thats why i feels itchy in my ear sometime. But as i mentioned, it have consequences later in life.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Sygdml said:

I almost use 12 hours in a day, thats why i feels itchy in my ear sometime. But as i mentioned, it have consequences later in life.

That itchy feeling in your ear may be due to poor quality headphone?
I also use headphone for entire day, but i don't get tha itchy feeling.

1 hour ago, Snake_Eye said:

Nope, i use branded ones. I think it depends on person to person.

1 minute ago, Sygdml said:

Nope, i use branded ones. I think it depends on person to person.

Ya Maybe, I get slight pain/ relief after pulling my ear after long hour of headphone usage.

2 hours ago, Snake_Eye said:

you may feel the consequences later but the things written in this content is true. It is scientifically proven.

48 minutes ago, baka said:

you may feel the consequences later but the things written in this content is true. It is scientifically proven.

Yea i heard from the doctor. So i take my curiosity a little bit more and researched this.

Really bro, or you believed in some random news.... There are many streamers around our globe who use their headphones for upto 10 hrs and never heard something like that... Does it affect on real

On 9/25/2020 at 3:17 PM, Sygdml said:

Is it the same for people using open back headphone tho?:classic_huh:

3 hours ago, Umesh Nepal said:

Really bro, or you believed in some random news.... There are many streamers around our globe who use their headphones for upto 10 hrs and never heard something like that... Does it affect on real

bro you  need to understand that this topic is not false. It has been scientifically proven.

And about the streamers they will have problems in the future if they don't care about their hygiene properly. If you don't trust this topic then you can google yourself on this matter.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, sakshyam khanal said:

I literally wear earphone for more then 10 hrs a day...its been more then 2 years..but i havnt faced any problem till now.. Yes using earphones are bad for ears..but i dont think it will increase bacteria by 700%..

It increases the bacteria and it might be doing wrong in your ears. It doesn't show result in present time but have a consequences on longer term. It has been proven scientifically and doctors also use to say this.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Sygdml said:

It increases the bacteria and it might be doing wrong in your ears. It doesn't show result in present time but have a consequences on longer term. It has been proven scientifically and doctors also use to say this.

oh..ok..but I'm addicted to earphone.. even when i'm doing nothing i wear earphones...

1 minute ago, sakshyam khanal said:

oh..ok..but I'm addicted to earphone.. even when i'm doing nothing i wear earphones...

See my previous reply in this topic. I do same too, use earphones even it isn't playing anything 😅

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, baka said:

bro you  need to understand that this topic is not false. It has been scientifically proven.

And about the streamers they will have problems in the future if they don't care about their hygiene properly. If you don't trust this topic then you can google yourself on this matter.

Yes, @bakai found out it really affects the ear through where many other big disease also occur if the ear is left as initial. 

I agree with your Fact
But we can clean the Bacteria which is of course Ear Wax

So if u use earphone/headphone you should keep your ear clean so that you don't get any disease such as 

Perforated eardrum

Mastoiditis etc

6 hours ago, Aaravchand said:

I agree with your Fact
But we can clean the Bacteria which is of course Ear Wax

So if u use earphone/headphone you should keep your ear clean so that you don't get any disease such as 

Perforated eardrum

Mastoiditis etc

Yea you have to clean on regular basis otherwise consequences can be shown earlier.

I mean to say is that, even you clean on regular basis, the bacteria formed in that time frame will damage the little bit of portion in the ear and little by little, it will have effect on long term.

1 minute ago, I.m_Yabi said:

Oh Nooo Overnight Gaming is going destroy my Ears 😬.

Gotta Stay Clean

Yea make it clean. And dont put you earphones on ear when there is no use and give natural air flow to your ear.