Help : Seeking a Transitional Headphone/Earphone

Hey Lovely Peeps,

So I bought Sennheiser HD 599 SE for 17K in March on Amazon US. My cousin was going to bring it home for me but Lockdown happened. So I bought Sennheiser CX 150 temporarily. It cost me 1100 Rupees. 

Now I have a problem, I slept on my earphones and it has stopped working. Also the wire quality was not very good so there are cuts and bruises all over it (which I had taped). 

It doesn't look like I'll be getting my new headphones anytime soon so I need another one till my cousin can come back home. He said he'll probably come back in January if everything is well. So Now I am in dire need of a headphone/earphone to carry me through October-November-December. 

I thought I'd get a cheap one, but I absolutely hate the sound quality. I am willing to spend upto 2000-2500 rupees on it because I'd rather sleep hungry than not have my music. 

So, I am looking for recommendations. The main thing is that it should be easily available and have good sound quality. Please note that I use headphones/earphones primarily for Spotify. I do play PubG mobile but gaming is not the core of my need. 

I used to be a JBL user, but they are quite heavy on Bass so I opted for Sennheiser because it has balanced Bass and Treble - no single component is overpowering. 

Also, when looking at music, I listen to 60s-70s Rock. So I am not really looking for Hip-Hop, Pop friendly headphones. Sound differentiation is really important to me.

Hope I can get some help from our wonderful community. Thank you 🙂 

4 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, avinash said:

So I bought Sennheiser CX 150 temporarily. It cost me 1100 Rupees. 

Now I have a problem, I slept on my earphones and it has stopped working. Also the wire quality was not very good so there are cuts and bruises all over it (which I had taped). 

Exactly my problem with Sennheiser CX 150. I had bought the earphones seeing the rave reviews and stars on Amazon india. It quite lived to the expectation as well for few years and then the wires began to crack and cut all over and like you I had to fix them with tapes. My one just stopped working after rigorous use of around 4-5 years (yeah ) so I've ordered A JBL Endurance RUN Sweatproof earphones It might not deliver the perfect base but as a daily use and the type of roughness with which we use earphones it holds up really well.  I bought it in Nrs 1600 might cost you more but can be a good choice.  

• Like 1

I think you should go for simple Redmi earphone since you already have the Sennheiser arriving. They're pretty decent, a little heavy on the bass (not as much as JBLs). Plus its cheap and you'll be using it for a short time only.

On 10/7/2020 at 1:05 PM, Bibek_ said:

I think you should go for simple Redmi earphone since you already have the Sennheiser arriving. They're pretty decent, a little heavy on the bass (not as much as JBLs). Plus its cheap and you'll be using it for a short time only.

I bought Redmi earphones but managed to break them as well. Warranty doesn't cover breaking apparently so I am seeking an over-the-ear Headphone for, primarily, Music and Secondarily, Gaming!

Please help. I prefer wired headphones with single TRRS connector, I don't trust cheap bluetooth headphones for gaming because of latency. My budget is 3k please help!!