Will YouTube ever get full?

YouTube is a source of entertainment and knowledge for everyone and lots of videos get uploaded here daily. 60 hours of content is uploaded on YouTube every single minute. And similarly, people stream 1080p and even 4k videos for hours and hours filling the YouTube every second. You must be wondering to know that if YouTube get out of the space in future.

new-youtube-logo-840x402.jpg.7412cc29aad66fc6ea8979aca5fb7eb7.jpg

Storage:

Storage has evolved a lot. Previously, there were storage devices with properties of some KBs. But look at now, there are hard disk of TBs and TBs which are portable to carry and weigh less. The data of YouTube is stored in data centers where there are many severs build by them and lots of storage devices. So YouTube won't be facing storage problems.

Compression:

Similarly, YouTube uses compression technology which reduces the file size. So there is no need to worry about huge files as they easily compress it to smaller size that occupy less storage.

Copyright contents:

YouTube's algorithm tries to remove all of the copyrighted content daily which also helps to free up the storage of YouTube. They also remove the content that are irrelevant and beyond their guidelines. 

Conclusion:

Sometimes, YouTube might not work properly or contain glitch because of the heavy load. But it doesn't mean that YouTube will be out of storage and have to end the app. They will never run out of the storage.

Also note: YouTube will surely built more and more data centres for more storage.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 answers to this question

Just had a thought of how the world would react if somehow all of YouTube's videos were erased!!!🤔🤔🤔🤔

Edited by CRstha7
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, CRstha7 said:

Just had a thought of how the world would react if somehow all of YouTube's videos were erased!!!🤔🤔🤔🤔

Content creators would be dead haha. 

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, sakshyam khanal said:

Few years ago..I used to think.. "saving data in cloud" means actually saving in cloud..and will be erased after raining..lol

We all have been there, thinking about something and after years we to ourselves be like "Yo dude! I was so dumb"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, sakshyam khanal said:

Few years ago..I used to think.. "saving data in cloud" means actually saving in cloud..and will be erased after raining..lol

I used to think the same previously😂But haven't thought of rain destroying the data

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, Salim devjan said:

Just imagine getting extra storage for youtube. There would be so much less content. I think People would not even able to live stream like lol🤨

watching streams would be a privilege

On 10/2/2020 at 5:03 PM, sakshyam khanal said:

Same here But Ma k soch theya vannea  Mero data  mero mobile bata could ma kosalea lag x hola
and also tyo manxea koi mero ghar wala ta hoenana that they use any Technic to transport my data to cloud

• Haha 2